WHOLESALERS and retailers have expressed confidence that heightened security implemented after last week’s bomb blasts in Bangkok will help avoid cancellations. But some operators are offering alternative itineraries to bypass the city and head straight to resort areas.
NEW regional airline, Fly Blue Crane, will launch September 3, with three new domestic routes, featuring multiple daily flights from Johannesburg to Kimberly, Nelspruit and Bloemfontein. Bookings are due to open via the carrier’s website, flybluecrane.com, this week.
HOME Affairs was “gathering information” at the weekend after allegations earlier in the week that an official for the department had tried to fraudulently solicit a R500 spot fine from a school group travelling through OR Tambo Airport, ...
SOUTH African Tourism and the Association of Southern African Travel Agents are spearheading a new domestic tourism growth initiative, seeking input from wholesalers and retailers to be shared at a first industry-only think tank, to take place in ...
ETIHAD Airways has appointed Bradley Edwards its Regional Business Development Manager for Sub-Saharan Africa and the Indian Ocean, based in Johannesburg.
Mr. Edwards will oversee sales development in seven countries.
He has previously held management positions at Comair, British Airways ...
• The African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa in Century City, near the Cape Town CBD, has reopened after a fire earlier this month.
• Mango Airlines is boosting capacity to and from Lanseria airport with two return flights per day to Durban, effective October 15. An additional early morning flight from Cape Town to Lanseria has also been added. Launch fares for a limited number of seats on the new Durban route are from R379, valid for booking until September 14 and for travel between October 15 and November 30.
• InterContinental Hotels has signed a management agreement for a 222-room Holiday Inn Express on Ao Nang Beach in Krabi, due to open in 2017.
• Emirates will add four weekly flights to Phuket from December 1. The additional frequencies have been timed to arrive in Thailand in the morning.
• South African Tourism is promoting special Tourism Month deals and packages. Follow shotleft on Facebook or visit www.shotleft.co.za.
• Fastjet will operate daily flights between Johannesburg and Dar es Salaam from September 1.
• Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa has launched South African resident rates from US$305 pppn all-inclusive – a 40 percent discount. Foreign passport holders are eligible, as long as they live in South Africa. Rates apply for low and shoulder seasons, not in July and August or over the festive season. Contact Exclusive Serenity.
• TravelPeople is hosting Wonderful, Original & Wild Southern Africa product workshops in Sandton on August 26 and Centurion on August 27. For details: www.travelpeople.co.za.
• Kurland has Super September Spring Special packages, available throughout September, excluding the long weekend of the 24th, with 50 percent savings on accommodation, on a B&B basis. For stays over the September long weekend, customers can book for four nights on a B&B basis and only pay for three. To book: phone 044 534 8082 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wendy Wu Tours has launched new early bird booking specials for China, Indochina and Japan fully-inclusive group tours departing January 1 – June 30, 2016. Save up to R3,500 per couple. Book before September 30. Offer applies to the 11-day China Experience itinerary, now from R31,845 pp twin-sharing, with flights ex-JNB, all meals, accommodation, visa fees, local guides and entry fees.
• The Namibia Tourism Board is seeking an experienced marketing and events assistant for its Cape Town office. Candidates must have a Tourism or Marketing Diploma. Expected earnings between R10,000 and R15,000 per month. Email: email@example.com. Applications close September 4.